- This event has passed.
5K-ish Glow Run
January 26 $15
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The 5K-ish Glow Run presented by Field Day Brewing kicks off Beat the Bitter’s festivities on the evening of Friday, Jan. 26. The fun run and walk will unveil the North Liberty Lights 2024 exhibition — a free illuminated winter display around Liberty Centre Pond’s walking trail for the month of February.
- A glow-in-the-dark participation medal
- Silent Disco headphones. Wireless headsets will be offered at check-in, allowing participants to seamlessly switch between the three different channels of music while on the course
- Photo opportunities among North Liberty Lights
- A post-race gathering on Field Day Brewing’s patio with complimentary hot chocolate
Check-in begins 30 minutes before each wave at the pop up tent at the north corner of the pond between Field Day Brewing at Tin Roost.
- 6 p.m. runners may check in beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- 7 p.m. walkers may check in beginning at 6:30 p.m.
All ages and strollers are welcome during both time slots, it is more important to sign up for the pace you plan to be moving to avoid bottlenecks on the trail. Please no dogs.
Please park at nearby business lots surrounding the pond or at the North Liberty Community Center and use the Ranshaw Way underpass. Those arriving for the 7 p.m. wave should be mindful of the 6 p.m. runners who may still be on the course.
If you’re serious about completing a 5K-ish length run, it is eight laps around the pond, but most importantly, we hope you enjoy this unique arctic trek on the trail at your own pace. This fun run/jog/walk isn’t timed and will not award any place prizes, but you’ll earn a glow-in-the-dark medal at the finish line.
Register online through midnight Thursday, Jan. 25, for $15 (minors) and $20 (adults). Cash-only registration will also be available the night of the event for $20 (minors) or $25 (adults).REGISTER
Refunds will not be provided, but in the event of bad weather, the 5K-ish Glow Run would be rescheduled for Friday, Feb. 2.