- This event has passed.
Nearly Impossible Photo Scavenger Hunt
January 28 - February 4
Explore areas of North Liberty you know and some you aren’t familiar with by taking on the challenge of our Nearly Impossible Photo Scavenger Hunt!
Here’s how to participate:
❑ Gather up to 6 friends or family members.
❑ Snag a Beat the Bitter circle flyer (available at the Rec Center and many local businesses).
❑ Make a team name (and a team name hashtag).
❑ Take photos with the flyer and post them on Facebook or Instagram with #BTBHunt2018 AND your team name hashtag.
That’s it! Items on the list do not have to be completed in the order they are released. You have until midnight on Feb. 3 to submit your photos. The team with the most items wins bragging rights and a $100 gift card to the North Liberty Recreation Center.
Each photo must include someone in you group holding a Beat the Bitter circle flyer (found at many local businesses or at the North Liberty Community Center) and be uploaded to Facebook OR Instagram with #BTBHUNT2018 AND your team name hashtag (just put # in front of the team name you come up with. This helps us track your points). Items in the list can be completed any day of the week, not just the day they are posted.
HINT: the Beat the Bitter schedule might come in handy to capture some of the items on the list!
1. Teams. No pre-registration required! Just gather some friends or family members for your team (no more than 6 people per team, please). Include your team name with each photo you post. The judges will use your team name to provide standing updates throughout the week.
2. Photo Authenticity. To ensure photos are taken the week of the scavenger hunt, photos should include a Beat the Bitter circle flyer (found at local businesses or at the North Liberty Community Center).
3. Fair Play. This is assumed here in North Liberty, but sabotaging teams can lead to immediate disqualification.
4. Start and End Time. At 9 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 28, the first five items of the Nearly Impossible Photo Scavenger Hunt list will be available online HERE and posted to the Beat the Bitter Facebook page. At least five more items will be released each morning Jan. 29-Feb. 3 as well and you’ll have until midnight on Saturday, Feb. 3, to submit as many photos as possible.
5. Judging. The Beat the Bitter committee will begin scoring teams as soon as the first photos are submitted and will provide several updates on standings throughout the week. Some photos may be worth more points than others and those photos will be noted when the list is released. On Sunday morning, Feb. 4, the Beat the Bitter committee will review all final submissions and announce a winner on the Beat the Bitter Facebook page by noon on Feb. 4. Arrangements will be made with the winner(s) to claim their prize.
6. Prizes. You won’t get everything on the list, but the team with the most points wins bragging rights and a $100 gift card to the North Liberty Recreation Center membership and class fees ($100 will be split among members of the team).
Besides the laws of the State of Iowa and United States of America, there is just one other rule: We won’t count any items that aren’t posted publicly to Facebook OR Instagram using #BTBHUNT2018, your team hashtag, and include a Beat the Bitter flyer by midnight on Saturday, Feb. 3.