Kid Activity Kits
January 25 - January 29Free
We’ll miss the flurry of fun of Beat the Bitter’s annual Fire and Ice family event, so the we’ve arranged 200 free activity kits.
Get a kit by:
- Making a reservation from the 100 kits available on Eventbrite. Instructions for a socially distanced pickup at the North Liberty Library the week of Jan. 25 will be emailed the week prior.
- Pick up from the 75 kits available at the recreation center entrance of the Community Center the week of Jan. 25, as supplies last.
- 25 kits will also be available at the NLCP for pantry families the week of Jan. 25, as supplies last.
Each kit includes the supplies needed to make:
- Wintery Luminaries: Decorate paper bags with crayons/markers/paint or carefully cut snowflakes or shapes into the bag. Help us light up North Liberty by placing your luminaries along the sidewalk outside your house the evening of fireworks, Jan. 31.
- Scratch Art: Scratch a magical winter scene to reveal a rainbow of color
- North Liberty Rocks: Turn a rock into a snowman, snow globe, polar bear, or write a wintery message using the provided paint. Once your rock is complete venture outside to enjoy the crisp winter air and find the perfect place to place your stone. Caregivers can follow the NorthLibertyRocks Facebook group to track your rock. If you find another rock be sure to share a photo in the NorthLibertyRocks group and move the rock to a new location.
- Hot Cocoa: a wintery adventure isn’t complete without a warm cup of hot cocoa. Make your cocoa, hop in the car and head over to Penn Meadows Park on Jan. 31 for fireworks.
Projects are designed for children between the ages of 3 to 8. Limit of two kits per household, please.
Our pre-reserved activity kits have all been claimed, but additional free kits will be available at the recreation center entrance of the Community Center on Jan. 25, as supplies last.RESERVE A KIT