Put together a team of nine to twelve players and register for the Kick Winter in the Snow Ball tournament on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2016 in Penn Meadows
There are two divisions: the family division and the adult division. The family tournament (all ages welcome, but an adult must be present) will take place at 10 a.m. and is $75/team. The adult division (ages 18+ only) will take place directly following the family tournament at 11 a.m. and is $100/team.
Registration includes a pair of Beat the Bitter knit gloves for each player. Each player of the both the family division and adult division winning teams will also take home a $25 Scheels gift card! Tournaments consists of round-robin play, with the best record in each pool advancing to championship play.
To determine the champion of each pool, we first consider overall record, then head-to-head record, then run differential, then total number of runs scored, then the always-popular coin flip (we use a United States quarter dollar).
- Teams consist of 9 to 12 players of any age or gender.
- The strike zone is 2 feet on each side of home plate.
- Kickers cannot cross home plate to kick
- No more than 10 players may play the field at one time.
- Maximum roster size is 12 players.
- Any fielder must kick, but players are not required to field in order to kick.
- Shoes are required (duh), and you can’t wear cleats.
- Kicking order can only be changed with other team’s consent
- Substitutes from the bench can be made for injuries.
- Each game lasts five innings or 40 minutes, whichever occurs first. (Games may be shortened due to weather conditions.)*
- Ties are broken with extra innings only in championship matches.
- Each team is responsible for tracking runs.
- Don’t be a jerk.
*EXCEPTIONS FOR THE FAMILY DIVISON
- Each game lasts three innings or 30 minutes, whichever occurs first. (Games may be shortened due to weather conditions.)
- Only four teams will play in the family divison and each team will play twice. The two first place teams of the first game advance to a championship game, and the other two teams will play against each other for a second game.
- All players will recieve a participaton gift for registration, but the team that wins the championship game will earn an additional prize as well.
- Each at kick: kicker gets three pitches in the strike zone to kick the ball, regardless of foul or missed kick
- Any roll outside of the 2-foot strike zone is a ball
- Four pitched balls outside of strike zone is a walk.
- A foul ball is anything outside of the base lines, or a ball that is kicked and the ball hits the kicker, or hits the backstop
- No bunting; must take a full kick.
- The pitcher cannot sidearm or overhand roll the ball
- The ball must roll prior to hitting the home plate.
- Any roll inside or touching the 2-foot strike zone is a fair ball
- Runners cannot run outside of the baselines
- No stealing or leading off. Sliding is ok, but at the runner’s risk.
- No in-field fly rule; if ball is caught in the air in the infield, runners may touch base and advance at their own risk
- Runners can be hit with the kickball by the fielder. If a runner is hit above the shoulders they are safe.
- Runners can over run first base if they curve to the right. Curving to the left indicates the play is live and can be tagged out.
- Runner is out if hit by a kicked ball from the kicker
- Runners can advance until the ball is controlled by the pitcher and is in the mound area
- Runners cannot advance on foul balls
- The pitcher must stand on the mound to start pitch
- Fielders cannot block the bases- if blocked, the runner is safe
- Reminder: Don’t be a jerk.
- Rulings by umpires are final