Forget hibernating and embrace winter with the passion of Norsemen. North Liberty’s Beat the Bitter is back with a week full of activities to get you out of the house for some outdoor winter games and good cheer. Join us on the tundra of North Liberty January 28 through February 3, 2018, for fun on the bleakest days of the year. Some events do require registration, snag your spot here.
All events subject to change pending weather.
Nearly Impossible Photo Scavenger Hunt
January 28 - February 3
Explore areas of North Liberty you know and some you aren’t familiar with by taking on the challenge of our Nearly Impossible Photo Scavenger Hunt!
Beginning on Sunday, Jan. 28, we’ll release at least 5 items on our scavenger list on this page and the Beat the Bitter Facebook page each morning Jan. 28-Feb. 3 at 9 a.m., and you’ll have until midnight on Saturday, February 3, to snap a picture of as many items on the list as possible. Each photo must include someone in you group holding a Beat the Bitter circle flyer (found at many local businesses or at the North Liberty Community Center) and be uploaded to Facebook with #BTBHUNT2018. Note that items in the list can be completed any day of the week, not just the day they are posted,
You won’t get everything, but the team with the most items wins bragging rights a $100 gift card to the North Liberty Recreation Center.
Besides the laws of the State of Iowa and United States of America, there is just one rule: We won’t count any items that aren’t posted publicly to Facebook using #BTBHUNT2018 and include a Beat the Bitter flyer by midnight on Saturday, Feb. 3.
1. Teams. No pre-registration required! Just gather some friends or family members for your team (no more than 6 people per team, please). Include your team name with each photo you post. The judges will use your team name to provide standing updates throughout the week.
2. Photo Authenticity. To ensure photos are taken the week of the scavenger hunt, photos should include a Beat the Bitter circle flyer (found at local businesses or at the North Liberty Community Center).
3. Fair Play. This is assumed here in North Liberty, but sabotaging teams can lead to immediate disqualification.
4. Start and End Time. At 9 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 28, the first five items of the Nearly Impossible Photo Scavenger Hunt list will be available on this webpage and posted to the Beat the Bitter Facebook page. At least five more items will be released each morning Jan. 29-Feb. 3 as well and you’ll have until midnight on Saturday, Feb. 3, to submit as many photos as possible.
5. Judging. The Beat the Bitter committee will begin scoring teams as soon as the first photos are submitted and will provide several updates on standings throughout the week. Some photos may be worth more points than others and those photos will be noted when the list is released. On Sunday morning, Feb. 4, the Beat the Bitter committee will review all final submissions and announce a winner on the Beat the Bitter Facebook page by noon on Feb. 4. Arrangements will be made with the winner(s) to claim their prize.
6. Prizes. You won’t get everything on the list, but the team with the most points wins bragging rights and a $100 gift card to the North Liberty Recreation Center membership and class fees ($100 will be split among members of the team).