Here it is! The list for the Nearly Impossible Scavenger Hunt. You now have until 4 p.m. today to gather up as much as can and bring it to the pavilion in the center of Penn Meadows Park. You won’t get everything, but the team with the most items wins bragging rights and gift cards to the North Liberty Recreation Center. Click download the list and see rules below:
1. Teams. No pre-registration required! Just gather some friends or family members for your team (no more than 6 people per team, please).
2. Acquisition of Items. All items on the list can and must be obtained and performed legally. Some items on the list might require a purchase from a local establishment. Do not ask establishments to donate items on this list.
3. Photo Authenticity. To ensure photos are taken on the day of (and for) the Scavenger Hunt, photos should include a piece of paper or poster with the phrase “#BeatTheBitter” in the photo somewhere. In lieu of this, teams may wear official Beat the Bitter apparel in the photos or participants may hold a Beat the Bitter handbill or poster. A judge will use his or her discretion when these rules are not followed.
3. Fair Play. This is assumed here in North Liberty, but sabotaging teams or their items can lead to immediate disqualification.
4. Start and End Time. At 9 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 4, the Nearly Impossible Scavenger Hunt list will be available. You’ll have until 4 p.m. to gather up as much as you can and bring it to the pavilion in the center of Penn Meadows Park.
5. Judging. At 4 p.m. at the pavilion in the center of Penn Meadows Park, a member of the Scavenger Hunt committee will complete the judging. Only one team member must be present for judging, but all are encouraged to attend (if only one attends please bring a list with the names and phone numbers of your fellow teammates). Prepare all items for judging (photos should be readily accessible, items should be present, etc.), including a highlighted list of the items you’ve acquired ready so that when a judge comes by, the process will go smoothly. Besides the laws of the State of Iowa and United States of America, there is just one rule: We won’t count any items that aren’t at the pavilion at 4 p.m. CST (we’re using time.gov as our official time keeper). All judging is final.
6. Prizes. You won’t get everything on the list, but the team with the most points wins bragging rights and gift cards to the North Liberty Recreation Center.