Beat the Bitter is irreverent. It plays with fire. It’s boisterous and gregarious. It embraces winter with the passion of Norsemen. It’s a roaring blaze during the bleakest days of the year. Beat the Bitter returns January 27 through February 2, 2019, to get Iowans out of the house for some outdoor winter fun and good cheer.
Like what you see on the schedule and want to get your business involved? You’re invited to help us show the world that North Liberty knows how to do winter right.
Affiliated event applications will be accepted through October 19, 2019. Please complete this online form for consideration. Submitted events will be reviewed and provided feedback no later than October 26. Questions? Give us a call at (319) 626-5726.
- Promote the heck out of a week of winter games and good cheer in North Liberty
- Create an individual event landing page for your event on beatthebitter.com
- Host online registration at beatthebitter.com. Registration for all events will open Monday, November 19.
- Produce core events (Wintry Warm UP, Fire & Ice, Winter Games, Igloo Jam and the Snuggie Crawl) drawing participants from around the area to North Liberty
- Provide marketing materials for affiliated events in conjunction with our core events
- Make suggestions for the best day of the week for your event (to avoid similar affiliated events taking place simultaneously)
What you’ll do
- Organize and execute a special event thematically connected to Beat the Bitter that makes sense for your organization. What does this mean? Something different than your traditional offerings and engages people with your organization in a unique way
- Include the Beat the Bitter logo and name in any independent marketing you do
- Name Beat the Bitter as an additional insured
Beat the Bitter-affiliated events are independently organized events occurring in North Liberty, Iowa, on or between Sunday, Jan. 27, 2018, and Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019. They should connect to our themes of winter games or good cheer (note that events planned on public property, that including outdoor amplified music, require road closures or might significantly impact neighbors require a special event permit from the city). Affiliated events are responsible for providing their own supplies, insurance and naming Beat the Bitter as an additional insured. Beat the Bitter reserves the right to decline affiliation with any proposed event.
We’re open to a wide range of events: indoor or outdoor, family-friendly or age-restricted, free or paid, walk-up or registration-required. We challenge you to think creatively, work with others, and fill North Liberty with excitement during the winter’s nadir.
Here’s a peak at the affiliated events last year
Beat the Bitter 2018 affiliated events included: beer pairing dinners, painting classes, a Daddy/Daughter dance, Homebrew and Coffee 101 workshops, snorkeling and much more.